Tuesday 1 July 2014

Day 2: Stratford-upon-Avon

Tuesday and Wednesday were also day trips out of London. Tuesday we travelled to Stratford-upon-Avon to see a play at the Royal Shakespeare Company. A group of us bought tickets for a hop on--hop off bus tour of Stratford, and we were able to see, from the bus, Shakespeare's birthplace, his family's home, the church where he is buried, and his wife's house. The bus tour was about an hour long, and the audio tour had some very interesting facts about the Elizabethan age in England. We ran out of time before we could get to the Public Library, but I have pictures of the outside! They actually closed right as we walked up to the door.

Public Library exterior
Tuesday evening we had tickets to see Henry IV Part 1 at the RSC. I will admit that I am not good at understanding Shakespeare. I was able to understand the gist of the play, and the actors were so wonderful and so expressive, I was very impressed!

Opening set of Henry IV.
I probably wasn't supposed to take this, but it was so cool!


Stay tuned for my post on Wednesday's trip to Stowe!

No comments:

Post a Comment